This information sheet is for your information and gives you a brief overview of your PROTRIP-WORLD-PLUS-2 insurance cover. The information is not exhaustive. Details on your travel insurance contract can be found in the insurance conditions of PROTRIP-WORLD-PLUS-2 and in the insurance certificate. To make sure that you are fully informed, please read through all documents.
What type of insurance is this?
We offer you travel insurance for your stay abroad. The insurance consists of travel health insurance, travel liability insurance, travel accident insurance, assistance insurance and baggage insurance. The insurance can be taken out as group insurance for international students and doctoral students, language and exchange students and other persons who participate in an Erasmus Mundus, Erasmus-Plus or a similar program.
What is insured?
Travel health insurance:
- Outpatient benefits, medicine, remedies and dressing material
– Outpatient medical treatments.
– Provision with medicine, dressing material, remedies and medical appliances.
- Hospital stay
– Inpatient medical treatments including operations.
- Dental treatment
– Dental treatment for pain relief including simple fillings as well as repair of existing dentures and dental prosthesis: per case up to € 500.
– Medically necessary dental treatment as a result of an accident: up to € 1,000.
– Transport costs to the nearest hospital.
– Return transport of an ill insured person from abroad to his/her home country.
- Repatriation costs
– Repatriation of the mortal remains of the insured person in case of death.
- Pre-existing conditions
– Pre-existing conditions if treatment could not be anticipated in case the trip was carried out as planned.
- Home country cover
– Home country cover in case of an interruption of the stay abroad for up to 6 weeks.
- Personal liability insurance with a lump sum for personal injury and/or property damage: up to € 1,000,000.
- Damage to rented property: up to € 100,000.
- Liability loss caused during activities as an intern: up to € 10,000.
- Accidental death benefit: € 10,000.
- Benefit in case of 100% accidental disability: € 105,000.
- Rescue costs: € 25,000.
- Assistance in case of loss of means of payment.
- Assistance in case of loss of documents.
- Return trip in case of an emergency.
- Arrival of a person in a position of trust in case of an emergency, per insured event up to a maximum amount of € 4,000.
- Sum insured: € 2,000 (deductible for damage to baggage per insured event: € 50).
What is not insured?
Some cases are excluded from insurance cover, e.g.:
Travel health insurance:
- Costs for the treatment of pre-existing illnesses including chronic illnesses unless there is an acute and unexpected deterioration in the patient’s health or the treatment of pre-exist
- Damages to leased, rented or borrowed equipment
- Accidents as a result of drunkenness or drug use.
- Chronic mental illnesses, also if they occur in phases, and addiction.
- Damages caused directly or indirectly by nuclear power.
Are there any restrictions on cover?
- Depending on the sums insured (see section “What is insured?”), you may have to contribute to the costs in some cases.
Where am I covered?
- In all countries where subsidized programs Erasmus Mundus, Erasmus-Plus or similar programs take place.
- If you interrupt your stay abroad in order to visit your home country, cover will be provided for up to 6 weeks.
What are my obligations?
- We depend on your cooperation for quick and easy processing of any claims. For example, it might be necessary for you to release your treating physicians from their physician-patient privilege so that we can gather the necessary information. Moreover, you will need to provide proof for the start and end of your trip abroad by submitting suitable documents.
When and how do I pay?
- Depending on the agreement, the premium will have to be paid monthly, yearly or in a lump sum. You can choose from the following payment options: direct debit, transfer.
When does the cover start and end?
- Insurance cover is provided for the period indicated in the insurance certificate. Where application and payment take place prior to the start of the journey, insurance cover begins when the insured person leaves his/her home country. Where application and payment take place up to one month after the start of the journey, insurance cover begins on the date we receive the application and premium payment.
- Insurance coverage expires automatically on the agreed date, at the latest at the end of your trip abroad. In case of an extended stay abroad for medical reasons, insurance coverage is extended until fitness to travel is restored.
- No benefit will be available for insurance cases that occurred before the beginning of the insurance coverage.
- The maximum duration of insurance is 3 years.
- If a person is insured for the entire duration of the program, insurance coverage is in place up to a maximum of 2 months before the registered start date of the program, if the insured person is already in the destination country, and up to 3 months after the registered end date of the program as long as the insured person remains to stay in the host country.
How do I cancel the contract?
- After expiry of the period applied for, insurance coverage will end automatically. Should you return early from your stay abroad, an email is sufficient. We will then calculate your exact premium depending on the number of days you stayed abroad.