Travel Insurance

Insurance Product Information Document

Allianz Partners (travel health insurance)
Dialog Versicherung AG (accident insurance and liability insurance)
Europ Assistance SA, Niederlassung für Deutschland (assistance insurance)

This information sheet is for your information and gives you a brief overview of your PROTRIP-WORLD-GRUPPE-YFU insurance cover. The information is not exhaustive. Details on your travel insurance contract can be found in the insurance conditions of PROTRIP-WORLD-GRUPPE-YFU and in the insurance certificate. To make sure that you are fully informed, please read through all documents.

What type of insurance is this? 

We offer you travel insurance for your stay abroad. The insurance consists of travel health insurance, travel liability insurance, travel accident insurance and assistance insurance. The insurance can be taken out as group insurance for international students and doctoral students, language and exchange students, au pairs, volunteers, high school students and Work and Travel participants who want to stay abroad for up to two years.

What is insured?

Travel health insurance:

  • Outpatient benefits, medicine, remedies and dressing material
    – Outpatient medical treatments.
    – Provision with medicine, dressing material, remedies and medical appliances.
  • Hospital stay
    – Inpatient medical treatments including operations.
  • Dental treatment
    – Dental treatment for pain relief including simple fillings as well as repair of existing dentures and dental prosthesis: per case up to € 500.
    – Medically necessary dental treatment as a result of an accident: up to € 1,000.
  • Transport
    – Transport costs to the nearest hospital.
    – Return transport of an ill insured person from abroad to his/her home country.
  • Repatriation costs
    – Repatriation of the mortal remains of the insured person in case of death.
  • Pre-existing conditions
    – Pre-existing conditions if treatment could not be anticipated in case the trip was carried out as planned.
  • Home country cover
    – Home country cover in case of an interruption of the stay abroad for up to 6 weeks.

Liability insurance:

  • Personal liability insurance including “professional” liability insurance for au pairs with a lump sum for personal injury and/or property damage: up to € 1,000,000.
  • Damage to rented property: up to € 100,000.
  • Liability loss caused during activities as an intern: up to € 10,000.
  • Deductible in case of liability loss per claim: € 100.

Accident insurance:

  • Accidental death benefit: € 10,000.
  • Benefit in case of 100% accidental disability: € 105,000.
  • Rescue costs: € 25,000.

Assistance insurance:

  • Assistance in case of loss of means of payment.
  • Assistance in case of loss of documents.
  • Return trip in case of an emergency.
  • Arrival of a person in a position of trust in case of an emergency, per insured event up to a maximum amount of € 4,000.

 What is not insured?

What is not insured?

Some cases are excluded from insurance cover, e.g.:

Travel health insurance:

  • Costs for the treatment of pre-existing illnesses including chronic illnesses unless there is an acute and unexpected deterioration in the patient’s health.

Liability insurance:

  • Damages to leased, rented or borrowed equipment

Accident insurance:

  • Accidents as a result of drunkenness or drug use.

Assistance insurance:

  • Chronic mental illnesses, also if they occur in phases, and addiction.

 Are there any restrictions on cover?

  • Depending on the sums insured (see section “What is insured?”), you may have to contribute to the costs in some cases.

 Where am I covered?

  • The area of coverage depends on the chosen tariff (Europe to Europe, worldwide without USA and Canada or worldwide including USA and Canada).
  • If you travel to a country which belongs to a different area of coverage, worldwide cover will be provided up to 6 weeks.
  • If you interrupt your stay abroad in order to visit your home country, cover will also be provided for up to 6 weeks.

What are my obligations?

  • We depend on your cooperation for quick and easy processing of any claims. For example, it might be necessary for you to release your treating physicians from their physician-patient privilege so that we can gather the necessary information. Moreover, you will need to provide proof for the start and end of your trip abroad by submitting suitable documents.

 When and how do I pay

  • The premium you will have to pay depends on the area of coverage you choose.
  • Depending on the agreement, the premium will have to be paid monthly, yearly or in a lump sum.
  • You can choose from the following payment options: direct debit, transfer.

 When does the cover start and end?

  • Insurance cover is provided for the period indicated in the insurance certificate. Where application and payment take place prior to the start of the journey, insurance cover begins when the insured person leaves his/her home country. Where application and payment take place up to one month after the start of the journey, insurance cover begins on the date we receive the application and premium payment.
  • Insurance coverage expires automatically on the agreed date, at the latest at the end of your trip abroad. In case of an extended stay abroad for medical reasons, insurance coverage is extended until fitness to travel is restored.
  • No benefit will be available for insurance cases that occurred before the beginning of the insurance coverage.
  • The maximum duration of insurance is 2 years.

 How do I cancel the contract?

  • After expiry of the period applied for, insurance coverage will end automatically. Should you return early from your stay abroad, an email is sufficient. We will then calculate your exact premium depending on the number of days you stayed abroad.

© DR-WALTER GmbH, Eisenerzstr. 34, 53819 Neunkirchen-Seelscheid, Germany,
P +49 2247 9194 -0,,