Comprehensive health insurance policy
BD.2/Group and DOGP.2/Group
This information sheet provides you with an overview of your insurance cover in the medical expenses comprehensive insurances BD.2/Group and DOGP.2/Group of Grant-Health-Insurance. This information is not exhaustive. You will receive details from us in the insurance conditions and in the further documents for the medical expenses comprehensive insurance. These consist of the tariff conditions BD/Group and DOGP/Group and the general insurance conditions of the group insurance for temporary stays in Germany (U), the customer information and the insurance confirmation. To ensure that you are fully informed, please read all documents carefully.
What type of insurance is this?
This policy is a comprehensive health insurance policy that replaces the coverage provided under compulsory German health insurance (GKV). It protects you against financial risks arising from the costs of, for example, outpatient or inpatient medical treatment by doctors.
What is insured?
The full medical expenses insurance BD.2/Group and DOGP.2/Group include insurance cover for illnesses, accidents and other events specified in the contract. This includes for example:
- 100% of the costs of outpatient and inpatient medical treatment*
- 100 % of the costs for outpatient and inpatient medical treatment
- 100 % of the costs for preventive medical check-ups in accordance with the tariff
- 100 % of the costs for medicines and dressings
- Benefits for dental treatment, dental prophylaxis, dentures and orthodontics
- 100 % of the costs for psychotherapy
- 100 % of the costs for remedies according to the tariff
- 100 % of the costs for medical aids according to the tariff Midwifery and maternity benefits
- Benefits for visual aids
- Reimbursement of transport and transfer costs
- 100 % of the costs for vaccinations
- 100 % of the costs for radiation diagnostics and therapy
What is not insured?
Not covered, for example, are:
- Illnesses and accidents caused intentionally by the insured person.
Are there any restrictions on cover?
For example, coverage is limited in the following cases:
You use accommodation and meals in a single room (optional benefits) in hospital, although only accommodation in a multi-bed room (standard benefits) is insured. You have to bear the additional costs yourself.
For certain types of benefits, maximum percentage limits or reimbursement rates below 100% of the invoice amount have been agreed (e.g. in the case of dentures). You have to pay the difference yourself.
For certain types of benefits, maximum limits or reimbursement rates of the invoice amount have been agreed (e.g. in the case of visual aids). You have to pay the difference yourself.
Where am I covered?
- The comprehensive health insurance policy provides you insurance cover in Europe and in non-European countries.
What are my obligations?
For example, the following obligations apply:
- In order for benefits to be paid out, you must provide the necessary evidence.
- You are obliged to pay the contributions in full and on time. In the event of default, you may be charged additional costs.
- At our request, you are obliged to provide any information required to establish the insured event or our obligation to pay benefits and their scope.
Only applies to the BD.2/Group tariff.
- You are obliged to notify us immediately of the expiry of your residence title for Germany.
When and how do I pay?
- If the fee is a monthly fee, it is due on the first of each month.
- The fee will be debited from your account on the due date.
When does the cover start and end?
- The insurance cover begins at the time specified in the insurance confirmation.
- The insurance cover ends – also for pending insured events – with the termination of the insurance relationship.
Applies to tariff BD.2/Group
- The contract is concluded for an indefinite period, but for a maximum of five years.
Applies to tariff DOGP.2/Group
- The contract is concluded for an indefinite period.
How do I cancel the contract?
- You can terminate the contract if the obligation to insure in the medical expenses comprehensive insurance ends, e.g. due to entry into the obligation to insure in the statutory health insurance, or upon termination of your stay in Germany.
- If you are still subject to comprehensive health insurance, your cancellation will only become effective if you prove to us within the cancellation period that you are insured with a new insurer without interruption.